On March 11th, 2022 at 4pm PST my mom (an absolute beast!) and I will begin the first leg of the 4x4x48 Challenge! Over the course of two days we will run 4 miles, every 4 hours, for 48 straight hours. Never ones to shy away from a challenge we are excited to take this one on and hope you will support us by donating to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Fred Hutch has been at the leading edge of cancer research for 45 years — starting with bone marrow transplantation, which can cure some cancers and has helped more than 1 million people. It was pioneered by Dr. E. Donnall Thomas at Fred Hutch. Today, Hutch researchers continue that legacy through groundbreaking work to expand immunotherapy.
Honoring: Our grandmother/mother-in-law Joyce Merriman volunteered many years for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. She believed in their cause and research in the battle to find a cure for cancer. When she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, her treatment brought her to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and Fred Hutchinson. Although she lost her battle with cancer, we feel that with this event we can honor her memory and help with the fight.
ADDED BONUS: For every person who donates and commits to running one 4-mile leg, Team Merriman WILL MATCH your donation!!
Running Times (Locations will be added at a later date)
- 3/11: 12pm MainStreet Office, Cross Kirkland Corridor
- 3/11: 4pm MainStreet Office, Cross Kirkland Corridor
- 3/11: 8pm Downtown Kirkland
- 3/12: 12am Downtown Kirkland
- 3/12: 4am Downtown Kirkland
- 3/12: 8am Sixty Acres Park, Sammamish River Trail
- 3/12: 12pm Sixty Acres Park, Sammamish River Trail
- 3/12: 4pm Kirkland CrossFit, Cross Kirkland Corridor
- 3/12: 8pm Downtown Kirkland
- 3/13: 12am Downtown Kirkland
- 3/13: 4am Downtown Kirkland
- 3/13: 8am Heartbreak Hill, Sammamish River Trail
Please join us and donate today. Thank you!